Pass Plus is a training scheme designed for new drivers by the Driving Standards Agency with the combined help of the Motor Insurance and Driving Instruction industries, to help to make you a safer driver. Pass Plus is a modular course and consists of a minimum 6 hours tuition covering the following aspects:
- Town Driving
- All-weather Driving
- Out of town Driving and Rural Roads
- Night Driving
- Dual Carriageways
Many Motor Insurance companies will offer discounts off your first insurance premium if you complete the PASS PLUS course.
It is could therefore be very cost effective to complete the PASS PLUS course and at the same time will be very useful to you as a new driver.
- Newly qualified drivers are more likely to have an accident during the first two years of driving than at any other time.
- 1 in 3 male drivers aged 17-20 have a serious accident within two years of passing their test.
- In an accident young male drivers are 9 times likely to be at fault than older drivers with same experience.
- Inexperienced drivers take 2 seconds longer to recognize possible danger than an experienced driver.
- 22% of all car drivers involved in an injury collision in the Greater London area during 2005 were young drivers.
- 3 young people die every day as a result of road crashes in Britain.
Pass Plus offers new drivers additional professional instruction, helping them to:
- Gain quality driving experience safely
- Become a more skilful driver
- Develop a positive driving style which is both enjoyable and safe
- Reduce their risk of being involved in an accident